My vision board is a physical illustration of my loftiest dreams, goals and aspirations for my life for the current year (yes this is an annual practice). Cultivating these aspirations and then announcing these intentions to myself and to the world creates a very positive power. I swear it’s true. I’m not a weirdo. It’s like this positive karma starts whirling around my life steering these things to happen. Seriously!
I’m horrified to say that I am two months late getting my 2012 board completed. So VOILA!
What do these images represent? They are a visual reminder to me of the things I want to happen in my life this year or in the years to come. Some are reasonable, some are repeats from last year I’m still working on, some scare the crap out of me. So here goes for 2012 and beyond:
1. Continue lending my heart and hands to humanitarian efforts. This year is Guatemala. In my future – Africa (talk about stepping outside my comfort zone!)
2. Continue producing beautiful work by Kandrac & Kole Interior Designs that is published in Southern Living, Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles and House Beautiful.
3. Support my daughter Riley to get in to the college of her choice in 2014 (current choice: College of Charleston). Note: I barely survived the college admission process for Emory so I need lots of positive karma for round #2.
4. Practice yoga 3 times a week instead of just once. Yoga has really taught me how to quiet my brain and has made me physically strong – I love it!
5. Save enough money to be able to commission a 36″x36″ Kim Schuessler painting which will be the inspiration for my master bedroom re-design. After first seeing Kim’s work five years ago, her work still makes my heart skip a beat.
6. Find a bra that really fits, is comfortable and makes my boobs look small (this might take a miracle).
7. Drink more water and continue to pray for fresh water sources in desperate 3rd world countries.
8. Find a way to start horse back riding again. I seriously don’t know where this came from but it’s been on my brain for 2 years.
9. Encourage Emory and Riley to use the right side of their brains in college and be open to the arts in some way. (After reading Daniel Pink’s A Whole New Mind, I’m hot on this subject).
10. Celebrate my 50th birthday (ok earlier if possible) in Tahiti with Mike, Emory and Riley . I want a villa I have to swim to!
11. Drive my Sequoia into the ground and then purchase a Lexus GX470 (or a vehicle with better gas mileage -I’ve been drooling over this car for 3 years).
12. Say goodbye to my muffin top (i.e. slow down and don’t stress eat). Namaste.
13. Redesign my master bathroom without killing the bank. I can’t stand the white tile, brass fixtures and crappy cabinets for another second.
14. Make the investment to rebrand Kandrac & Kole Interior Designs logo and reface the website.
15. Continue on my spiritual journey.