The Top 5 Reasons Kandrac & Kole attend The High Point Furniture Market
It’s been said that the International High Point Furniture Market is like “Disney World for Interior Designers” and I have to agree.
10 million square feet of showspace
80,000 attendees each market
More than 2000 exhibitors
106 countries represented
Tens of thousands of new product introductions
Approximately 10 percent of attendees are international
Here are the top 5 reasons why we attend:
1. See new product introductions firsthand. This is where the latest in furniture, rugs, art and accessories are featured. What we see in the fall won’t generally make it to the marketplace until early Spring of 2014. Stay tuned for our findings featured in an upcoming blog. See the trends we discovered from the 2013 Spring Market here!
2. Get a “feel” for seating. We sit in 100′s of styles of furniture to make sure what we are sourcing for our clients is of excellent quality and comfort!! Some of our favorites include CR Laine, Wesley Hall and Lee Industries. I am really excited to check out this new chair at Caracole. It also comes in red, blue, pink, yellow and orange!!
3. Find new vendors. This is very exciting for us because we love to 1) bring new items to our designs, and 2) support new businesses starting in the industry. Last year we were thrilled to discover Taylor Burke Home. Founded by sisters Julianne Taylor and Lauren Burke, these native Carolinians travel the world for inspiration for their designs. They focus on producing high quality furniture with a strong design aesthetic, but also understand the need to guard the planet’s resources.
4. Maintain and create new vendor relationships. Staying in touch with our sales representatives is key for us. It helps us to stay aware of product issues, learn about new introductions, product specials, and ask for a favor when we need to (wink, wink).
5. The PARTIES, FOOD and DRINKS!! It is astonishing what companies will do to wine and dine buyers to come to their showrooms! Live music, catered food, amazing drinks and giveaways! We have received numerous invitations to parties and would never be able to attend all of them. This year Surya, one of our favorite area rug vendors, is sponsoring the Highpoint Market’s “Stars under the Stars” featuring the Beach Boys! Two years ago Kelly and I saw KC and the Sunshine Band!!
So, the bottom line is, High Point is a MUST for our business. We feel to be the best we can be, we have to educate and immerse ourselves as much as possible in our industry. Our feet will be sore, our minds will be filled, and our eyes will be crossed, but no worries, we’ll be energized and excited to create fresh and new designs!
Look out High Point, here we come!!